Regarding in-game character movements affected by AI.

For everything that doesn't fall into the other categories
HoneyStars

Regarding in-game character movements affected by AI.

Post by HoneyStars »

Hi guys, the AI bot works very well and all. But i have noticed something, and that is my looting and normal keep mode is affected by the AI. Comparing to a clean GE ( without editing files ) the ones using this AI can't loot properly or afk like a NORMAL LEGIT PLAYER.

It's very hard to explain this in words. But what i'm trying to say is, even when i turned off Auto Keep and Auto Patrol and use normal space bar. My character just doesn't move naturally, from 1 look people can tell i am macro-ing. Even with Auto Keep and Auto Patrol turned off, my character ( melee ) will go back to her original spot after each monster kill. Meaning, when he travels away from the spot and kill a monster, it will not hit another monster nearby, instead it will run back to the keep mode spot before she goes and engage another monster.

I want to keep it discreet at times especially when i am with my friends. Is there anyway to turn off the bot completely without changing user.xml/ , ai and the GE files? If not i can't afk and look natural even if i turn off the options in-game. My character is still on auto keep mode even though i turned it off, it will return back to its original spot. I need help regarding this, thanks :D .
wingraider

Re: Regarding in-game character movements affected by AI.

Post by wingraider »

basically,you're correct. the vanilla behavior is affected since the AI si embedded in the vanilla one so every time you execute a vanilla behavior, the AI one will appear.
HoneyStars

Post by HoneyStars »

wingraider wrote:basically,you're correct. the vanilla behavior is affected since the AI si embedded in the vanilla one so every time you execute a vanilla behavior, the AI one will appear.
So do you know of any ways to solve this problem? Cause i do not want my friend to know that I'm using a bot .. The only way i can think of is to change the user.XML file, GE and AI file to the original one.
Shadow4eva

Post by Shadow4eva »

HoneyStars wrote:So do you know of any ways to solve this problem? Cause i do not want my friend to know that I'm using a bot .. The only way i can think of is to change the user.XML file, GE and AI file to the original one.
There is only 1 way, make your own ai..
Bionic

Post by Bionic »

HoneyStars wrote:Hi guys, the AI bot works very well and all. But i have noticed something, and that is my looting and normal keep mode is affected by the AI. Comparing to a clean GE ( without editing files ) the ones using this AI can't loot properly or afk like a NORMAL LEGIT PLAYER.

It's very hard to explain this in words. But what i'm trying to say is, even when i turned off Auto Keep and Auto Patrol and use normal space bar. My character just doesn't move naturally, from 1 look people can tell i am macro-ing. Even with Auto Keep and Auto Patrol turned off, my character ( melee ) will go back to her original spot after each monster kill. Meaning, when he travels away from the spot and kill a monster, it will not hit another monster nearby, instead it will run back to the keep mode spot before she goes and engage another monster.

I want to keep it discreet at times especially when i am with my friends. Is there anyway to turn off the bot completely without changing user.xml/ , ai and the GE files? If not i can't afk and look natural even if i turn off the options in-game. My character is still on auto keep mode even though i turned it off, it will return back to its original spot. I need help regarding this, thanks :D .
I have a suggestion. Turn OFF the attack function for malee char and let range char do the attacking while afk so the char movement is not too obvious.

Code: Select all

Shift + T [ ON/OFF Cha1 Atk ] - Character1 ON/OFF Attack. (start ON)
Shift + G [ ON/OFF Cha2 Atk ] - Character2 ON/OFF Attack. (start ON)
Shift + B [ ON/OFF Cha3 Atk ] - Character3 ON/OFF Attack. (start ON)
Anyway, I do not agree that using AI macro is equal to botting.
AI script is built into the GE system. We just make use of the script to enhance the AI function and make our game play more pleasant.
If we DO NOT abuse the function of AI script and get ourself caught by report botter function, then I see no reason why we should worry about using AI.

Like myself, I only use AutoKeep and auto potion at 50% during afk.
If I want to loot, I will use pet instead of autoloot AI function so chances of getting reported as botting is lesser.
Only if I am around to play then I will turn on other AI function to make my game play more pleasant.

I have to remind everyone that using auto potion function can cause you to be caught by report botter function.
The ONLY safe NutKungX AI function is Autokeep.
ALL other AI functions can potentially cause you to be caught by report botter function.
Please take note.
HoneyStars

Post by HoneyStars »

Bionic wrote:
HoneyStars wrote:Hi guys, the AI bot works very well and all. But i have noticed something, and that is my looting and normal keep mode is affected by the AI. Comparing to a clean GE ( without editing files ) the ones using this AI can't loot properly or afk like a NORMAL LEGIT PLAYER.

I have a suggestion. Turn OFF the attack function for malee char and let range char do the attacking while afk so the char movement is not too obvious.

Code: Select all

Shift + T [ ON/OFF Cha1 Atk ] - Character1 ON/OFF Attack. (start ON)
Shift + G [ ON/OFF Cha2 Atk ] - Character2 ON/OFF Attack. (start ON)
Shift + B [ ON/OFF Cha3 Atk ] - Character3 ON/OFF Attack. (start ON)
Anyway, I do not agree that using AI macro is equal to botting.
AI script is built into the GE system. We just make use of the script to enhance the AI function and make our game play more pleasant.
If we DO NOT abuse the function of AI script and get ourself caught by report botter function, then I see no reason why we should worry about using AI.

Like myself, I only use AutoKeep and auto potion at 50% during afk.
If I want to loot, I will use pet instead of autoloot AI function so chances of getting reported as botting is lesser.
Only if I am around to play then I will turn on other AI function to make my game play more pleasant.

I have to remind everyone that using auto potion function can cause you to be caught by report botter function.
The ONLY safe NutKungX AI function is Autokeep.
ALL other AI functions can potentially cause you to be caught by report botter function.
Please take note.

Lol the codes that you stated are from NutKungX AI? I'm using the one by DrAcX.. Yup, i also just use AutoKeep as well as potion @ 40% during afk to ensure survival. But i'm training melees this time and my friend wants me to be with him. And even with the AI off my characters move unnaturally. I don't even want him to know that i am macro-ing you see..
LaFueza

Post by LaFueza »

Why not just edit the AI?
Add a control variable (or use existing ones) that you can turn on/off to select when the custom AI code should or should not be executed; then add a check for these variables before executing them. This is about the easiest thing to modify in an AI, so you should give it a try.
Bionic

Post by Bionic »

HoneyStars wrote: Lol the codes that you stated are from NutKungX AI? I'm using the one by DrAcX.. Yup, i also just use AutoKeep as well as potion @ 40% during afk to ensure survival. But i'm training melees this time and my friend wants me to be with him. And even with the AI off my characters move unnaturally. I don't even want him to know that i am macro-ing you see..
Hi, GE is based on MCC.
Even if your malee char is not attacking, he will still gain experience base on attack by your range char.
If your friend ask you why your malee char not attacking, just say you don't want malee char to be lure by running mobs.
This way, you can afk in peace. ;)
wingraider

Post by wingraider »

HoneyStars wrote:
wingraider wrote:basically,you're correct. the vanilla behavior is affected since the AI si embedded in the vanilla one so every time you execute a vanilla behavior, the AI one will appear.
So do you know of any ways to solve this problem? Cause i do not want my friend to know that I'm using a bot .. The only way i can think of is to change the user.XML file, GE and AI file to the original one.
yes, I do know how to fix this but I'm still not confident enough to release my own mod for nkx ai.
another solution would be as shadow4eva says:
Shadow4eva wrote:There is only 1 way, make your own ai..
Bionic

Post by Bionic »

My POV, I do not agree that using AI macro is equal to botting.

Even if other player know you use AI, as long as you use it without major unfair advantage over legit player and not get caught by report botter function,
I don't care how other people view my playing style.

The only safe advantage of AI over other player is Autokeep from mob knockback.
There is no way other player can bot report you if you only use AutoKeep function.