Sorry.. need some pointers

Chat about AI dev here
nightingaie

Sorry.. need some pointers

Post by nightingaie »

Here's what I get so far; you use one of Dr's programs to extract scp's from ipf's and then you can edit the scp's with VS right? and all you have to do is code it in C?
I've only just done my first semester in programming in my university, so it would be really helpful if anyone could even if just simply in a few words give me a clue to what var does
nightingaie

Re: Sorry.. need some pointers

Post by nightingaie »

ah, lemme just add some stuff since i apparently can't edit my post..

from where are all the functions called? func is just another type of function right? i dont see any prototypes or even a void for return value so.... well i understand this code interacts with the game and not some computer command prompt, but still i can't figure out where to begin..
are all the functions called at once continueously? is there a main? hah.. can't find anything so i had to ask.. sorry xP
lanun

Post by lanun »

nightingaie wrote:ah, lemme just add some stuff since i apparently can't edit my post..

from where are all the functions called? func is just another type of function right? i dont see any prototypes or even a void for return value so.... well i understand this code interacts with the game and not some computer command prompt, but still i can't figure out where to begin..
are all the functions called at once continueously? is there a main? hah.. can't find anything so i had to ask.. sorry xP
there are main, but the main isn't in the .scp(s).
nightingaie

Post by nightingaie »

how does everyone know the function to... say get nearest attackable target? Is there a list of built in control functions somewhere so i can refer to?
nightingaie

Post by nightingaie »

i dont get it... if everything in lib.scp is called continuously (which i am assuming, because i dont see any loops) then why does the switch functions only recieve input when you call them with the hotkey buttons? Is it because they have no parameter?
personally i tried to write a hotkey for the latest autobullet script:
<HotKey Name="BULLET MODE" Scp="AUTO_BULLET_SWITCH()" Key="B" UseAlt="NO"

UseCtrl="NO" UseShift="YES" OnEdit="NO" />

i figured since that function is obviously the switch i'd put it there. However i can't even activate the thing - there are no system messages, though i specifically put AutobulletON and AutobulletOff in their respective if-statements. Does the hotkey name matter?
Am i doing something fundamentally wrong? or is it just a stupid mistake (i make TONS of stupid mistakes in my programming class... )

It doesn't even matter if the main bullet function runs or not, i can get to that later, i need to first be able to enable it.... and no, i don't want to just var autobullet = ON and ignore the entire switch function, what would i learn from that right? xP
pirate_sephiroth

Post by pirate_sephiroth »

haven't you noticed yet that lib stands for LIBRARY? Those functions are loaded and are always ready to be called.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
nightingaie

Post by nightingaie »

hm i suppose so;
anyone know UseCommonItem(1 - 8) where those items are?